We do this by helping them generate more revenue, cut costs, enhance their brand, and achieve operational excellence.
Growing client revenue
Reducing client costs
Achieving operational excellence
Enhancing the brand
We use our retail and marketing knowledge and experience to build emotional connections between clients and their target customer segments
We specialise in the ways experiential technology can enhance emotional connections to the brand.
We would be delighted to confidentially discuss and explore ways how we can help your business in a friendly and cooperative manner. We expect to earn your trust, and value an opportunity to do so.
About our MD and Principal Consultant, Julian Josem
Julian has over 30 years of retail and IT industry experience.
Julian manages the consulting engagements within the firm he established. He is a renowned specialist within Retail Systems and Technology, Multi-Channel marketing, and is an authority on Store Systems.
He has had a wide variety of assignments developing system specifications from the conceptual stages of a project’s lifecycle through to successful deployment.
Julian contributes towards the Australian Retailing Industry in multiple capacities. His current industry positions include:
- CEO & Principal Consultant, Josem Consulting
- Retail Technology Consultant, Australian Retailers Association
- Lecturer, Monash University
- Secretary for the Australian Chapter of ARTS (Association for Retail Technology Standards)
Prior to establishing Josem Consulting, Julian has had wide management and technical experience with both large and small consulting firms, large and small IT vendors, and small, medium and large retailers.
In fact Julian has worked with over 200 retailers in developing improvements to business and information systems.
Consulting engagements include Australia Post, Bakers Delight, Capelle, Joanne Mercer, Kookai, Lend Lease Retail, Lincraft, Metalicus, Pacific Brands, Sussan Group, Symbion (Terry White & Chemmart), Vinnies, and Wittners.
This wide variety of working experience, in combination with his family life, has shaped Julian’s values that are at the core of the firm:
- Trustworthiness – We expect to earn our stripes in all of our relationships
- What we say we will do, we actually do
- We will not allow anything to conflict with the interests of our clients
- Competence – We continue to invest in our own knowledge and skill development in order to better serve our clients
- Our primary focus is on practical solutions to help retail business generate more revenue
- Flexibility – We execute projects with clients the way they want
- Whilst we have methodologies to help us work thoroughly and effectively, we will optimise our work processes and deliverables to best suit our client
- Cost effectiveness – Our fees will always reflect value for the outcomes we commit to deliver
- We live in the same competitive environment as our clients face
- Authority – If we say it, it must be right
- Respect for all individuals